WEBSITE

SLIDER

  •  photo af2e85ba-243e-40b7-8359-102dd88c7086_zps6e5119e3.jpg" />
  •  photo 99c2aa08-6fda-4dc3-94cd-6f85d497db9c_zpsdfb0c0fe.jpg" />

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Oat Cookies



Whilst sitting in the garden drinking my morning coffee I was staring at the daisy circle waving at me that I accidentally mowed down last Sunday, I was thinking about food again.


There were no nice snacks in the house so I flicked through Nigel Slaters book EAT and decided to whip up his oat cookies.  Samuel's not keen on oats, so I decided to drizzle them in chocolate to make them more appealing.


















 
























Set oven 180'C
120g Muscovado Sugar
120g Butter softened
120g Porridge Oats
60g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg Yolk

In kitchenaid mixer, cream the butter, sugar together until light in colour, add the egg yolk oats and flour & baking powder.

Roll into 9 equal balls in the palm of your hand and place on lined baking sheet.


























Flatten into rounds the size of a digestive biscuit and bake for 12 minutes until light golden brown.

























Drizzle with melted chocolate

They were very nice, I asked Samuel what he thought, the chocolate was licked off and he left the biscuit !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design